Our bankruptcy team is led by Allan Rooney, Tim Davis, and Chad Friedman. We advise clients affected by and those working in the area of bankruptcy and financial distress including, among others, companies and unincorporated entities, directors, and shareholders, bankruptcy practitioners and other stakeholders such as commercial lenders and other creditors.
The bankruptcy team can call upon specialists in other areas of our business, such as banking, restructuring, employment, real estate and corporate, in order to provide an integrated and focused service.
The services we provide include:
- Security reviews and the review of other loan documentation, in order to assess potential exposures and defaults and advising on enhanced security packages, which might be available or required to secure continuing creditor support and/or funding
- Enforcement of security and guarantees
- Restructuring and refinancing strategies, particularly for companies requiring assistance with managing their creditor community
- Debt recovery
- Formal bankruptcy appointments
- Advising directors on their duties and potential liabilities
- Reviewing pre-bankruptcy transactions and providing advice as to their efficacy under applicable bankruptcy laws “